Buscador

jueves, 18 de febrero de 2016

Fragment Elena Ferrante from Those who leave and those who stay II



She seemed to want to prepare me for what awaited me, she was very worried about me and my future. This life of another, she said, clings to you in the womb first and then, when it finally comes out, it takes you prisoner, keeps you on a leash, you're no longer your own master. With great animation she sketched every phase of my maternity, tracing it over hers, expressing herself with her habitual effectiveness. It's as if you fabricated your very own torture, she exclaimed.

[...]

"It was a wonderful experience," I told her.
"What?"
"The pregnancy, the birth. Adele is beautiful and very good."
She answered: "Each of us narrates our life as it suits us."



- Elena Ferrante


No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario